Aug 11, 2008

Finally...

Well, I finally got some pictures to download after all this time! I am planning on writing a detailed blog tomorrow so check back then..

 the bus park in Kampala. I have never seen so many taxis in my life..


our friends Janet (13), Veterine (12), and Daniel (8). I will write their story tomorrow but Hilliary and I are trying to find people to sponsor them through World Vision. Please prayerfully consider this. There are 8 children total and Veterine (our 12 year old crippled friend in the middle) is the only one who provides for their family by begging in the taxi park everyday. Rent for one month is $12.. about 3 coffees in America could house 4 children who have no money, no food and no parent to look after them. Look for more details tomorrow as I am going to speak with World Vision, a non-profit agency that sponsors children in poverty allowing them to go to school, be fed and housed.

my sponsored boy, Hudson, in Kampala. We had the opportunity to visit him and his family. Here we are by Lake Victoria holding the poster he drew me :)




Hilliary and I have been hanging out with many street boys the past few weeks and these are some of them. They are all under the age of 14 and they have no where to sleep, nothing to eat, and no one to look after them. All of them are either orphans or things are so bad at home that they'd rather be on the hard streets of Africa. 

I will write more tomorrow.. please pray, pray, pray for us. I will post specific requests tomorrow. Thank you!
In Christ,

Megan

1 comment:

Bekah said...

yayay! uganda! and megan! :) thanks for the photos.