Aug 2, 2008

heading off to Uganda...





(the first picture is my friends teaching me how to cook Rwandan style at a big party at our house. The second is a picture of my favorite little girl, Umotoni, and her little sister. She often takes care of her, carrying her around, playing with her, feeding her etc.)

we are officially heading off to Uganda in 7 hours on a 10 hour bus ride that leaves at 6am. whew! tomorrow will be a crazy day.. but probably not quite as crazy as this last week has been. I have so much to say and so many pictures to update you all on, but I am utterly and completely exhausted and we need to wake up at 330am. 

For now, please pray for several things:

-safety on our trip
-unity among Hilliary, my dad and myself. We have been really stressed out this past week and it's incredibly easy to take it out on each other. Pray that we would be unified and that God would not let us be divided, but instead, would help us love and serve each other.
-continued health for us. Hill and I have been having minor issues such as migraines and they are awful to have here
-perhaps most importantly is TIME to be with God. We have not had a moment to spare for at least a week and it has taken a toll on our relationships with God
-for God to provide for Patmos. The church is struggling immensely right now and needs God's help greatly (financially, spiritually, to continue in their work, hope, unity)

We get back to Rwanda on Wednesday and I promise to write a full update then. So, get ready. I have TONS to say. Murakoze (thank you)

1 comment:

Bekah said...

the second photo is beautiful. besides the lighting and contrast, the image captures your heart.

each week we do "health care gospel", two girls present a healthcare topic joint with a testimony. the fun part is they choose the country and make the environment into that country. this week we were in uganda and i got to wear a baby on my back...

enjoy your trip...it is my prayer that all three of you will spend time in prayer and devotion together.