Jul 28, 2008

I finally got a photo to work..

well, my dad is officially here as of this morning! It was pretty weird seeing him come out of the airport.. he's been very jet leg and is sleeping now (after our insisting). He fell asleep in my english class this morning and my students were giggling :) I'm sure it will be great to have him here though! Hilliary and I are getting really excited to go to Uganda here in a couple days. 

9 people got baptized on Sunday and there was a huge party at our house.. it was pretty fun! We know nearly everyone in the church now and I am going to be very sad to go in a month. 

yesterday we sat in church services for 8 hours! it was perhaps the longest day of my life. Despite the crazy length of time, it was pretty fun. There was a famous singer who made an appearance at the service, as it was a fundraiser to help them buy a church building, and it was really neat to hear his story. He used to be a street boy, spending his days on the hard streets of Africa and with God's help, he has now become one of the most well known musicians in Rwanda! It made his songs about anything being possible with God much more neat to hear..

Well, sorry this post is so random. I usually write everything I want to say in my journal but I forgot it at our house today. Maybe I'll write more later.

PS. This is a picture of our friends Vetarine and his brother Daniel. This is where Vetarine begs everyday outside the taxi park.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aloha Megan & Hilliary!

What a blessing that God would give you such a special friend & insight into the differences of life for a typical handicapable child in an underdeveloped nation. You two are doing a great job! The proper application of God's Truth and a grasp of worldview differences can aid in helping Rwandan churches & ministries become ever more effective in their obedience to God & His Word. May God's Hand rest on you two, David Swanson, pastor, auntie, the congregation, your buddy & his family.

In Jesus,
Bill/ACTION

Bekah said...

Yes! Enjoy the time with your father! I am so glad he is able to join in the relationships you have already established. How lovely. It makes me smile. I love you girls, Say "hello" to Uganda for me!