Jul 19, 2008

apparently, we are getting fat :)

Over the past two days, Hilliary and I have been told that we are big or fat 5 times! haha. apparently, that's a complement here, although we're wondering why all of the sudden we're getting all these comments because we feel we haven't changed at all.. plus the past few days we've spent about 4 hours each day walking and we haven't been eating that much. who knows how we could have gained weight! they all say that hilliary is bigger than I am though : )

we have finally started teaching crafts to the poor women here although there's been many setbacks with this as well. today we began teaching them how to make necklaces out of newspaper and it's been going really well! if you want one of the necklaces (they look really neat) tell me and I'll buy one for you. Buy a cool necklace and support a poor woman from the church who really needs it!

next week, i'm also going to start teaching a keyboarding class and a counseling class... so by next week we're going to be teaching english, crafts, keyboarding and counseling... woah. i'm really looking forward to this as before we were a bit bored at times but please join me in praying over all these classes.

a few other updates: there has been a bit of a financial strain while we've been here which has been rather frustrating at times. we have been learning how to be content though whether full or hungry. i've been getting a bit crabby more easily lately also, which is frustrating and i hope to keep working on this with God's continued grace and help.

I hope to post more pictures on Monday but for some reason, it won't post them. which is too bad because we have some really great ones! i'll try again though.

prayer requests:
-2 new classes starting this week
-my attitude/emotions. not to get distracted or discouraged by frustration or crabbiness
-financial means for Pastor Bea personally and for Patmos as a whole
-my dad is coming in a little over a week! pray for his preparation in coming and for his time here. we're planning on going to uganda to see the little boy we sponsor. we're all looking forward to this greatly!

miss you all family and friends! thanks for your continued support.. it's appreciated greatly

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Megan,
I have enjoyed reading your blogs so much! What a wonderful experience! I'd love to have several of the necklaces, if you can bring some back with you. Thanks for sharing with us.
Kari

Anonymous said...

Hi Megan,
Enjoyed you blog. I am glad you are not as fat as Hilliary.

Patti, who I work with and also goes to our church, said again today that she thinks you are such a good writer. Of course, I agreed with her.

It will be so fun to show your dad around. That is coming up so soon.

Blessings and prayers, Julianne

Bekah said...

YESS! You get to go to Uganda! Your dad is coming! Wow. Absolutely thrilling.

I feel so far behind...I have missed too many posts. We have a packed schedule and little to no free time for ourselves. It is great, but I am not as connected as before.

I will get caught up! I am continuing to lift you girlies up in prayer. :)

Unknown said...

hey megan! i cant believe all that you have done! what an amazing trip! and yes i would love a necklace! you can buy a couple for me! well i am pray for you talk to you soon!
erika